Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's just not working out.

For the last 3 months or so I have been stepping up my workout routine. I've started to go to the fitness center of my apartment and take advantage of the various machines in facility. Prior to this I was just doing an ab routine I learned in a Men's Fitness magazine a few years ago as well as lifting some free weights. Now not only am I doing the ab routine and using the weight machines I have also added some running on an elliptical machine. I can definitely feel a difference with my body. Which brings us to today. I decided to step on the scale for shits and giggles. There was definitely not any shitting or giggling involved. Somehow in the last month I have gained 10 pounds. That weight that some of my friends have been losing? I found it. It's very discouraging to say the least. It doesn't make me want to work out harder that is for sure. It makes me want to just throw in the proverbial towel. Who knows? Maybe I should just stop lifting weights and just do running stuff until I drop 20-30 pounds? Or maybe I should start cutting back on eating altogether. Or Maybe I should just start taking laxatives? One thing is for sure I don't want to do that P90X thing people seem to be crazy about. The people in the infomercials have the crazy eyes. It looks like they just took C.I.A. torture methods for GitMo and made a video for you to do them to yourself. I definitely don't want to do that. Wow, this post is starting to sound a lot like it was written by Andy Rooney.

3 comments:

Holly said...

LOL @ "the crazy eyes"! :)
Couldn't it just be that you're gaining muscle?

Moody said...

I guess it could be muscle but it seems to be surrounded by a layer of fat that I can't get rid of. Now I know how Oprah feels. ha ha.

Paula said...

Sometimes muscle builds up under that layer of fat first. Give it another 4-6 weeks. Don't stop eating, drink extra water (not sports drinks), don't give up! Often we are making progress even when we can't see it. Rah rah rah, etc.